Sunday 13 October 2013

Denim Project!

Studio




Our First Project was to create something new out of denim. We were given 4 days to make this garment. I decided to turn my denim inside out and cut a hole on the crotch and made the legs as sleeves.
I was going for a more grungy look as the denim reminded me of teh 90's, I thought of sticking with what I got and unpicked the labels from jeans and patched them up on my jacket
For the bottom I unpicked the waist band with the zip attached to it.
I then cut open the bottom of the jeans with a different shade of denim and sewed that to the waist band.
For the accessory I decided to make a headband/ hat and painted the word fresh on it. I thought of street wear now and got the idea from t-shirts saying Dweeb, Dork, Wild.




working on my denim 






PHOTO SHOOT

We collaborated with the fashion Photography students for a photo shoot. It was really good that one of my roommate is was one of the Fashion photography students, also Beth who I got on really well with during the week was modelling my clothes so it was a fun, comfortable shoot.
 I style my model with the fresh head band with two tassels on the side and plaited that to her hair.
sandals from river island and ripped tights.


Photographer: Hollie Burge
Model: Beth Davies

Photographer: Hollie Burge
Model: Beth Davies

Photographer: Hollie Burge
Model: Beth Davies



Hollie Burge blog: http://hollieburge.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment